- It helps us build a sense of connectedness
- Liberation comes from connecting to individuals
- Strangers often "get" us simply because we do not expect them to read our minds and so we explain the details to them
- We can safely open up to people with whom we will have no further interactions with
- There is joy in "fleeting intimacy"
Kio Stark: Why you should talk to strangers
It is funny to hear someone lecture other people on talking to strangers. Funny to me because my parents have done this my whole life, and so I have too. Just as Stark encourages connectivity with strangers, I can also attest to learning some wonderful fascinating things about people and the world by talking to strangers.