- When she smiles and mouths “thank you” so quickly that no else notices but you.
- When all he can barely keep a straight face because he is so excited.
- When he can’t say anything at all, because words escape him.
- When she laughs harder than she’s laughed all month.
- When she stands on a chair because your presence liberates her.
- When he cries on your shoulder and tells you his woes.
- When you cry on his shoulder and tell him your woes.
- When you both stay up so late that you become delirious, but you still don’t want to go to bed.
- When she already knows you are having a bad day, but asks anyway.
It is in these, the quiet, subtle moments, that one can learn the true meaning of friendship and love.